Sunday, February 28, 2010

Half-up wedding hairstyle... HELP!?

I have been thinking for months now that I wanted ALL of my hair put in an up-do. However, I got my hair done for free at a bridal show today and it COMPLETELY changed my mind. I never ever wear my hair up and now I know why. I am totally set on having one of those half-up styles now. Here's a few of my issues though... 1) We are getting married in mid-July when it's usually pretty hot and humid (will my curls stay? and how can the salon get them to stay?) will it help that the ceremony doesn't start until 5:30 and the reception is immediately following? 2) I have very fine hair. Not thin... just fine. I have alot of it but it slips out of bobby pins and everything else very easily. Do you think I could pull all those curls off? Also, any good pictures of a half-up style with a tiara? Thanks so much!Half-up wedding hairstyle... HELP!?
My wedding is July 11th and I'm thinking about a half updo as well. Some suggestions to keep the curls in - after washing your hair the night before, put gel through it. And don't use conditioner - I know for my hair, it gets so soft that it just slips out of any bobby pin or barrette. Last time I was in a wedding with a half updo, the stylish sprayed every curl before and after putting it on the curling iron.





Also, you could try a style that is technically ';up'; but has curls coming down the back so it looks like it's down. But the curls are off your neck and less susceptible to drooping.





Honestly, as long as the curls survive through your pictures after the ceremony, that's the most important thing. Then at your reception just dance and have a good time - everybody else's hair will be just as droopy by night's end!Half-up wedding hairstyle... HELP!?
Why don't you do a french braid. All of your hair would be up but it would still be down on your neck. Have some sprigs around your face curled. You could put some baby's breath in teh braid. This way the only curls you would have to worry about fallling is the ones around your face adn having most of your hair up will keep you cooler.
Have you thought about using a hairpiece. They hold curls alot better and some come in the design already..all you have to do is attach it


http://www.wigs.com/index.php?cPath=2%26amp;fi鈥?/a>
Yes it will look nice. That is how I did mine.





http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cf鈥?/a>





ok I sent an email. I hope you get it. I am wearing a tiara.
i wore my hair half up and half down when i got married last July, and I kind of wish I went with all up. It was hot outside, so when we were outside getting pictures taken, the half that was down was actually sticking to the back of my neck from sweat! I wish I wore it all up so I wouldn't have had that happen. I got mind done at a salon and my hair dresser told me that my curls would stay all day no matter what - but they didn't! she put lots of hairspray and stuff in my hair, but it didn't matter. by the end of the night my curls had lost their bounce.


http://www.chrisandcarmel.com/gallery/d/鈥?/a>
Okay this wasn't a wedding but it was my senior prom (back in 2004...seems like forever) and at the time I was having me nails done at a salon that was for African Americans (I was really good friends with own of the owners and he suggested I got there) so when I was the getting my nails done I mentioned I didn't know what to do about my hair for prom because my dress was very intricate (it had a see through back with flower stitching and beading that I didn't want missed) so she told me to bring it in the next time I came in and show it to their hairstylist that wasn't in that day. I brought it in 2 weeks later (day before prom actually) showed it to her and she told me she had an idea (I wanted it half up half down with ringlets going down my back) I went in the next day (around 11-prom at 6) and she did my hair using curling irons that she put in her little ovens she had at her station (I've never seen this done and to this day I still haven't seen it) she would put 3 different sizes in the oven to heat up (I wish I could find a picture of what they look like but I can't find one on the internet (maybe someone else knows what I'm taking about) she would grab one and twirl one around for a few seconds to cool it down a little grab a section of hair, and smooth down the little fly-aways with it the curl it. I'll tell you what it was damn hot (I could feel the heat going through my hair to my neck..and I don't even feel that with a regular curling iron you plug in) I was a little worried my hair would get singed off like in ';Little Women'; if you've seen the movie you'll know what I'm talking about, but the curls came out nice and soft and bouncey. She did this to my whole head, and it looked gorgeous just like that! She put my little tiara in and I went home to change for prom, my mother and boyfriend (fiance now) both cried because I'm the little rough and tumble girl that would rather go play with my horses in the mud that put a dress on (apparently I looked like a lady...whatever lol) I dances the whole prom (the humidity and stuffiness of the room was horrible for everyone's hair...but not mine) I got home @ 4 in the morning went straight to bed, then got up @ 8:30 to go to breakfast with my boyfriend and family and my hair still looked like it just got done, not a strand out of place - I did look a little funny walking into Denny's with my hair like it did but it was a funny moment, I then went back home to bed and got up at 4:00 to go watch my bf and his friends play basketball (with my hair still looking great just minus the tiara) it was great and funny at the same time cause his friends have never seen me looking like that a priceless moment so to speak (he and I went to different schools and his friends couldn't stop laughing) it was a fun 24 hrs I'll say. But I would definatly check out different salons and see what they have for curling (this was the best for my hair and I have REALLY thick hair) and see if this works best for you. If you find a salon that has what I am talking about just tell them you are trying different hairstyles for you wedding and just have them curl your whole head of hair and just do everday life with your curls and see how long it take them to droop.





**EDIT** Okay never mind I figured it out now after I emailed you, it's called stand and stove sets (incase anyone else wasinterested) http://www.ebonyline.com/stoveiron.html here's a site that sells the sets and other accessories as well. They work great!
Here are some helpful hair tips for yoru specific concerns and some sample pics:





Great video on All Day Curl Hairstyle:








Link- http://www.answerbag.com/articles/video/鈥?/a>





How to Curl Curl-Resistant Hair tips: http://www.answerbag.com/articles/How-to鈥?/a>





How to Make a Hairstyle Last All Day: http://www.answerbag.com/articles/How-to鈥?/a>





Half Up Dos Pics-


Pic #1


http://images.della.com/images/slideshow鈥?/a>





Pic #2 ( I love this one)


http://www.nycityweddings.com/chat/p/322鈥?/a>





Pic #3


http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3789/鈥?/a>





Pic #4


http://www.liweddings.com/chat/p/2623982鈥?/a>





Pic #5





http://photos.weddingbycolor.com/p/000/0鈥?/a>
I would go to the stylist you plan to use and ask her all of those questions. I'm sure she would have some great suggestions on how to make your specific type of hair work with the hairstyle you want. In my opinion, I don't think the heat will necessarily affect your hair, but the wind may. I got married in Oct %26amp; had a half up style also and it was such a windy day that a lot of my curls did fall. However, it was still out of my face and looked pretty regardless. And it was curly in the photos we took before the ceremony, so it worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment