Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wedding Hairstyle?

My best friend is going to get married in about two years, and i'm the maid on honor! Budget is a big concern for her, and so she asked me to do her makeup (no problem) and her hair. We decided we'd see what we could do, and if she's still not happy with it she'll go to a salon. She showed me this picture as something she'd like.





http://www.clearleadinc.com/site/images/鈥?/a>





How would i do this?Wedding Hairstyle?
I stopped at one of those SoHo stands in the middle of the mall... showed her this picture (its the same one I was looking to do as well). My hair is about 2'; past my shoulders, fairly thick, and holds a curl pretty well. She sectioned off a small pony tail and secured it with an elastic, then wrapped it up like a bun and tucked in a comb underneath that had 2 wired curly hair pieces attached that matched my hair color perfectly. She then wrapped it up around the bun and twisted it to a mass on top of my head. At this point I was thinking your joking right? Then she put a second comb down from the top into that same bun... twisted the hair under and to the back. (remember they are on wires). She then took some of the loose hair from around my face (my own hair) and pulled back tiny strands of it and twisted them then secured them with little butterfly clips. She then pulled random pieces of my own hair out the back and blended it with the fake hair, throwing some of those tiny butterfly clips here and there.





Believe me I was a complete skeptic, but by the time she was finished my hair resembled this photo almost exactly. There were several people standing around by then telling me how beautiful it looked. I was sold, I spent $186.00 with the 2 hair combs (35.00/ea) and the rest was crystal combs %26amp; clips. I also got the video on how to use them, so I will now spend the next 3 months practicing.





The good thing is... its so easy.. and I will be able to use them again and again.





Good luck.Wedding Hairstyle?
I think the best thing to do is practice practice practice! I am not a hair stylist, but if you are going to be helping her with this, make sure you do at least a few trials so you have it down before you start.





Sorry I can't give more specific advice!
I love that hair style! I print that exact one out for my own wedding. I didn't do it exactly the same, but that same idea of loosely swept up curls. I love it and I know that she'll look amazing and that you'll do amazing!
Two years away and you're talking about hair styles? Wow.





I'd wait for a year or so, and see if she still wants the same style, and then start worrying about it.
You both will change in the next 2 years and hair styles will be different. Set the topic aside for 18 months and then start talking about the choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment