Friday, February 26, 2010

I am in serious need of wedding hairstyle help!?

I am getting married this summer and have yet to decide on a wedding hairstyle. My hair is long (at least 6 inches past shoulder-length) and brown and does not hold curls for more than half an hour. I really like the pictures I've seen of the long wavy curls, but I know my hair would be straight again before I could make it down the aisle. The other obstacle is that my veil needs to be on top of my head, it can't be tucked underneath an up-do. I'm horrible with hair, so please let me know if you have any ideas!!I am in serious need of wedding hairstyle help!?
green mohawkI am in serious need of wedding hairstyle help!?
Maybe consider this- pull your sides up so that you can tuck your veil in. Then take the rest and pull it up onto a cool spiral bun or something like that.





I think over curled up-do's are kinda icky. If you have straight hair, let it be. No one ever said fancy hair couldn't be straight.





Or think of this: I don't know if you have bangs or not, but pull your crown of your hair back, clip the veil into that. That woudl be pretty.
I had a similar delima and I chose to wear my hair in a french twist with a bunch of curls piled on top and then my veil was placed at the back of my head above the french twist. I was happy with it...it looked very fancy and since the curls were pinned to my head (not hanging strands or spirals) they couldn't go flat.





I would suggest flipping through wedding magazines until you find a few updos that you like and then take them to your stylist and explain to her that you need to have the veil on top of your head rather than at the back and that your hair does not hold a curl. Any decent stylist will help you pick something that will work well for you and they will also do a ';dress rehersal'; a few days before the wedding were you can go in and they will put your hair up so you can wear it around for a few hours to make sure that its going to work for you.





That's all I got. ;) Good luck!
you can still do an up-do and wear your veil on the top of your head. I would look at magazine pictures and go about a week before the wedding to have your hair done the way that you want it...that way you know what it will look like :)





they will be able to put curls in your hair..just use lots of hairspray..you will be amazed :)
try these sites , they may help...


i had mine put up and believe me with all them grips holding the curls it looked fab :D


get a hairdresser to practise a few of your ideas..


until you get it right
Take your veil and go talk to several beauticians.
you should go to your stylist a few times, tell her what you want, and have her try different things out. you can judge by what your hair looks like later in the day.





also, if the week before your wedding you abstain from using conditioner your hair will be able to hold a curl better.





try looking at the knot.com or the weddingchannel.com for ideas before you go to your hair stylist.





congrats and good luck!
Your hair sounds very much like mine. Why not put the top part of it back into a braid or a ponytail and let the rest hang down to its natural length? Or maybe have somebody do a nice French braid ? I'll bet you can find womeone who will do it either cheap or free....try asking your girlfriends or female relatives if they can do French braids.
extensions
Make bridal trial appointments. They do charge for these due to fact they will do your hair just like the day of the wedding. Your stylist will make suggestions, possibly slight changes in the color and or cut. Many of the full wedding updo's that I do have extension work in them. Let an expert help you in this department. Most salons have only one or two people that weddings are their specialty.

No comments:

Post a Comment