Sunday, February 28, 2010

Help with finding wedding hairstyle?

I have medium length (past my shoulders, not quite to the middle of my back) dark brown hair, very straight, which doesn't curl well, but will hold some curl. My wedding is pretty casual, we are getting married in a garden/gazebo type location with about 20 family members present. My dress is @ www.davidsbridal.com style # BR1014. I don't want an updo, because I never wear my hair up unless I am working out or hanging at home. I would like a half-up do that I can do myself if possible. I also have a pretty tiara that my mom %26amp; I found for $10 on clearance...its not big %26amp; doesnt stick up a lot. Anyway, I have been searching for days to find something I like online that is close to what I want....Does anyone have any ideas? It doesn't have to be a half-up, I can go for all down, but definitely not all up! All suggestions(positive only please!) will be greatly appreciated....Help with finding wedding hairstyle?
Wear your hair like you would normally wear your hair if you where going on a fancy date with your fiancee'. Try our a stylist at least 3 months before the wedding. Don't do anything you normally wouldn't do. Remember he is marrying you not some fantasy you've made up in your head about your dream wedding. Just don't go extreme.Help with finding wedding hairstyle?
I can't post the link for some reason but do a Google search for ';photobucket be_byte6';. She has an amazing gallery of hairstyles for all hairtypes.
well, what i did for my sisters wedding was pulled my hair in a side pony and curled it. I have the same thing you do, my hair is pretty long and it wont really hold a curl. Just make sure if you curl it to use a lot of hairspray, it works!! Yeah, curl it with a curling iron and then pull in loosely into a side pony that rests on your shoulders and then spray the heck out of it and take the tip of a comb and sort of poof your hair so it doesnt look so flat. Congrats on the wedding! :)
Half up dos are very popular. Have a look at the half up hairdo photo collage on the homepage of this group. There are more pictures in the group photo section. You have to join the group to see them.





http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/brides_鈥?/a>





(I now own this group. I took over from the previous owner who was too busy to take care of it. I made photo collages of a lot of hairstyles and they are posted in the photo section under hairstyles updos and halfup dos).





I invite any girls here getting married, to join.
do the opposite of what u do now.


if u leave it down wear it up


if u wear it curly wear it straight


and so forth. Good luck.


p.s.


in my opinion... with that dress u should wear ur hair down and curl it only at the tips. put on ur tiara and u will look great.


btw I love that dress it's really cute. I like it with the clover ribbon since it's a garden/gazebo wedding and it's casual.
check this out:





http://www.onewed.com/wedding-hair-style鈥?/a>
I'd take the tiara and veil (if you have one) and go to your salon. Have a trial run. You may find that you like your hair all up.





I, like you have hair about the same length, but mine has natural curl/wave to it, so it doesn't hold curl well either - usually I just frizz! I thought I wanted a 1/2 up do, but once I saw it all up with the veil and tiara, I changed my mind.





You may think you want it one way, but once you see it done another way, you'll like it better! It only cost me $30 (tip included) to have my salon do my hair all down, 1/2 up, and full up.





Good luck, and Congratulations!
Hey, I would do the opposite of what you do now. also I love that dress, I am afraid to order it online. Did you get it yet does it fitt. Do you need to alter It? I was considering getting it myself but afraid of online wedding dress purchasing. Do they have any fit garantee? Please post in aditional comments if you would. Thanx and congratulations!
Look up some celebs you like (or that have similar hair) and see how they've worn theirs. Either for movies or Oscars. I think as it's rather casual, look up Kate Hudson. Her hair has more curl but you can still get some great hairstyles for garden weddings.





Another hairstyle I really like with tiaras is something like this


http://heatherhost.ehost-services102.com鈥?/a>





Instead of all up like that, do it half up half down. Hair piled up high like that really shows off the tiara. Think Mary Tyler Moore. Or the beginning of the Beehive. Where it has that 1960s poof at the crown.
I did a search last week on google for ';How to do half up do hair style'; and there were several videos on Utube that actually gave demos on how to do them yourself. I started last week and have been practicing them myself. My hair is the same length as yours, and is straight, but with the help of some mousse my hair will hold a curl. I am wearing a comb in my hair for the wedding that's about 5'; across and only 1'; high.





Today's half up do has gotten the most compliments from both customers and co-workers. It's been fun getting people's input.





I would search and check it out... it's alot easier than I ever would have thought!





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment