Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Wedding Hairstyle Test Run..?

Hey Ladies! (well im assuming most the people in Yahoo weddings are ladies lol) i just had my test run for my hair for my wedding.... and i hated it... i dont know if im being picky or if this stylist just didnt do a good job?


heres what i wanted ( i gave her this clipping to run off of.)


http://www.flickr.com/photos/23971792@N0鈥?/a>





and this is what i got...





http://www.flickr.com/photos/23971792@N0鈥?/a>





http://www.flickr.com/photos/23971792@N0鈥?/a>





now... the reason i picked the the hairtsyle that i wanted was because i wanted it to slightly wild but romantic too! and i feel like i the style i did get was 17 year old prom girl? I just HATE it! my fiance said he loved it... but then again he probably said that because hes never seen my hair done lol...





well my whole point of this is... im having another test run with the same stylist (because i was unhappy with the results) and i want to know what to say to herMy Wedding Hairstyle Test Run..?
I would say you want it to be less polished tell her to use a bigger curler or even a blow dryer and round brush not a iron. the curls I think are what make it look like prom night. the back is not bad but just a little to ';perfect'; tell her you want it to be a little messy.


You could even try something like this back is is formal but not so tight then have the lose curl front like your picture.


http://www.onlyupdos.com/formal_wedding_鈥?/a>


GOOD LUCK!!My Wedding Hairstyle Test Run..?
I totally understand! This is totally prom hair and way! to much hairspray was used.





I would def go for another run with somebody else and bring in these pics to show her/him what you didn't like!
Okay I understand why you don't like it. You wanted something curly, romantic, and slightly unruly - a sort of natural looking hairdo. But what you got was a very polished, hairsprayed updo that doesn't look very natural. I suggest you try again, emphasizing that you'd like a natural looking hairdo maybe with less hairspray.
If you are going back to the same person for another try, then tell them what exactly you didn't like about the first up-do. tell them it was too ';prom-like';. Maybe tell them you are trying to go for that ';wild/ romantic'; look so they will not make the hair style look so styled and perfect.





Good Luck!
you are totally right...i kinda laughed when i saw what they did to you, they will always do that, they never leave your hair the way you want it. it's happened to me before
I got my pre-run done three times and all looked horrible. My fiance made fun of me cuz i cried over my hair so i know how you feel. So i went to a different salon paid more money but it was worth it. You will have your wedding pictures forever and you don't want to think unhappy thoughts due to your hair do. (I went to the JCPenney salon and turned out beautiful). Good luck and congrats.
it does not look the same at all, shes not very good at creating that look, i would reconsider your hairdresser all together but if not, tell her to soften your curls and to lay off the stiff hair spray. You may also want to tell her to tease your hair a little bit, i really hope it works out!





PS your hair did look pretty, just not what you were asking for!
Tell her want it looser, softer, and a little ';messier.'; It does look very promish. The curls are too defined with whatever product she used - looks like she used a pomade or too much gel.





Also, it is too tight - you want more volume in the back and you want the volume higher up. She needs to tease your hair a bit instead of spraying and defining the ringlets.





It looks a little tacky - which is way your fiance liked it. Remember - guys think that the girls on poles look hot. (LOL)





Now - all that being said - the bride in the picture may have very very thick hair and that style just might not be possible on you without extensions, etc. But your stylist should have told you that up front.
It looks similar to me except for that she went a little ';harsh'; on the curls if you know what I mean. Just tell her that you want it a little softer and explain to her how you'd like it changed. I would just come out and say - you did it wrong- or anything but just tell her you had pictured it differently.
Your hair doo wasn't even close to the picture. You would look so beautiful with that style. Talk her through the style as she is doing it and hold up the picture. Congrats on your big day. I hope things work out for you.
Well, I personally think that she did a great job on your hair...but, I know exactly how you feel. I had to do two trials because I am extremely picky about my hair. I found that the second time I went to the stylist I was much more comfortable with her and able to tell her what I wanted...


For your hair you could tell her that you want it a little bit more loose and soft. That would be the only way that I could think of to describe.


The next time you go make sure that you don't leave until you are happy. I know sometimes it is really hard to say something, but I found that once I spoke up I got the exact hairstyle that I wanted.


Good luck... :)


Maybe you could go for a hairstyle like this one...it's somewhat similar, but with a little less curl. I think it would look good on you


http://lavazemarayesh.com/women/alba/img鈥?/a>
I see. I would go for the second test run and tell her that you are wanting softer, more natural looking curls, light on the hairspray. If you get anything less than an accommodating response you should find another stylist. I think if she puts your wet hair in rollers and lets them dry, then brushes them out while applying a MIST of hairspray, you'll get the look that you want. Good Luck and CONGRATS!
you are right i don't like the way she did your hair its to flat

No comments:

Post a Comment